Dr. Rizwan Ahmad
Director Centre for Postgraduate Studies
Tel: 24468666 Ext.: 104
Welcome to the Centre for Postgraduate Studies.
The Centre will be delighted to discuss with you the options for pursuing postgraduate studies either here at Gulf College, Oman or in the UK at one of our partner universities. Our Postgraduate programme(s) provide space for professional development, knowledge exchange and innovation. The studies are “Action Based” which means at the end of each module you are encouraged to apply your newly acquired knowledge at your workplace or business.
Gulf College is associated with two leading universities of United Kingdom (UK):
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Staffordshire University
Any Postgraduate Programme we offer has the requisite approval from the Ministry of Higher Education, Sultanate of Oman and of the respective university (awarding body).
At Gulf College, we currently offer the following postgraduate programme(s) in academic collaboration with Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK:
- MBA – General
- MBA with Pathways in:
- Project Management
- Islamic Finance
- Health Sector Management
The main functions of the Centre include:
- Providing complete services to students from Admission to Exit.
- Ensuring that students get the best from their postgraduate experience.
- Facilitating the delivery of modules, conduct of assessments and exam boards and other related activities in liaison with the universities.
- Implementation of various activities related to the academic regulations in liaison with the partner universities.
- Maintaining all formal records relating to admissions, progressions, projects and results and providing all the necessary support for the smooth delivery of programmes.
- Keeping students informed about the academic regulations, seminars, forums, events and other activities, both social and academic.
- Facilitating latest electronic and manual library services.
- Facilitating latest IT facilities and other learning resources.
- Facilitating the liaison between the university and students to ensure that they get the best support.
- Completing the admission procedures with the regulatory and awarding bodies concerned and preparing delivery schedules.
- Managing the process of providing the necessary information to the students on programmes, programme delivery, schedules and conducting the induction programme and monitoring and following-up of students’ matters relating to their studies at the College.
In terms of resources, the College has a huge purpose built campus with state of the art IT facilities and Audio visual equipment, hi-tech class rooms and lecture halls, a modern library with quiet study areas, meeting and group study rooms, a conference hall, multi-purpose auditorium, cafe, restaurants, gymnasium, student lounge, and a range of social and support areas. The students will also have access to an up-to-date electronic library.
Why wait for opportunities to arrive, when you can create opportunities for yourself by joining a recognised Postgraduate Programme at Gulf College:
- To take your interest for higher studies and career building to a greater level.
- To obtain enhanced skills and employability and a higher level of intellectual depth.
- To achieve a higher level of skills in research and analysis, organisational policies and decision making, critical thinking on complex business ideas and effectual communication.
- To take the advantage of achieving a Master’s degree without taking a break from your work or business.
We very much welcome your interest and look forward to assisting you with your plans to progress further with Postgraduate studies.