مجلس الكلية هو الهيئة الإدارية للكلية والذي يضم كل من المساهمين، وكبار أعضاء الهيئة الأكاديمية، ويجتمع المجلس (6) مرات خلال العام لمناقشة الأمور الهامة وذات العلاقة بالكلية والتي تكون ضمن موضوعات أجندة الاجتماع المعدة مسبقاً .
أعضاء مجلس الكلية
The College Board holds the following tasks and authorities:
- Approves any agreements related to academic connections with local and foreign parties and periodically discusses procedures in such agreements.
- Approves all regulations and organisational procedures related to quality assurance or academic procedures in the college and periodically reviews the work.
- Approves the annual budget of the College and forwards it to the Board of Directors for their approval.
- Strengthens the relationship of the College with the institutions in public and private sectors.
- Strengthens the relationship between the teaching staff and other offices in the College and coordinates their scientific, academic, training and consultative activities.
- Assesses the College work by reviewing the annual reports forwarded by the Dean and forms committees for assessing the graduates' abilities to meet the needs of society.
- Discusses and approves the projects prepared by the Deanship to organise the students' activities or any other projects.
- Enhances the standard of services provided by the College related to learning, training, scientific research and community services.
- Discusses and approves the recommendations presented by the College Dean to organise the activities in the college. · Approves the annual report prepared by the College Dean regarding activities in the college to evaluate the achievements and suggested plans for improvement to forward it to the Board of Directors.
- Approves the study plans. · Grants academic, honorary degrees and certificates.
- Lays instructions for students' admission.
- Establishes professorships.
- Coordinates between the activities of the college regarding lessons, lectures, academic research and examinations.
- Appoints teaching staff, promotes and transfers them from one rank to another, granting them sabbatical years, leave without payment, accepting their resignations and ending their services.
- Establishes academic departments and approves programmes, new academic specialisations, merging them in others or cancelling them.
- Assesses the teaching staff activities, their teaching methods and academic research, and takes decisions in this regard. · Sends teaching staff on scholarships, academic missions, training courses, extending period of stay and any other issue related to that.
- Approves the recommendations for the number of students annually admitted in the various programmes and specialisations and the study fees for each.
- Evaluates proposed study plans presented by the academic staff, discusses them and takes decisions accordingly.
- Assesses the academic performance and the scientific standard in the College.
- Lays instructions for implementing the regulations related to the academic activities in the College.
- Considers any issue related to the academic work presented by the Dean that is not within the authority of any other body