Dr. Ines Masmoudi
Tel: 24468666 Ext: 152
Centre for Training and Professional Development has been established in the year 2015 aimed at delivering high quality, innovative training solutions that are responsive to the needs and aspirations of organisations, employees, students, self-employed and entrepreneurs. The Centre has to its merit the approval of Ministry of Manpower, Sultanate of Oman to offer a wide range of training programmes which include information technology, business, language, industrial and commercial courses.
The Centre is focused on strengthening the individual capacities of participants and to improve the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of their skills and knowledge and enable them to respond effectively to their needs for work or study.
In addition to meeting the learning outcomes, the Centre ensures that its programmes are delivered to an excellent standard by experienced trainers who are supportive and responsive.
The Centre through Gulf College and its associate academic partners is focused on developing skills and knowledge and offers a range of services which include:
- Conducting the Gap analysis for the corporate clients in terms of their training needs.
- Helping individuals to be self-employed through providing SMEs training programmes in the following areas:
- Marketing and how it works (7Ps)
- Types of business entities
- Registration and licenses
- Business planning finances
- Suppliers and equipment
- Business premises
- Starting or getting the business online
- Expand your business
- Business Plan And Budget
- Soft skills (Personal, Interpersonal and situational skills)
- Offering programmes suitable for candidates entering the workforce for the first time, those wishing to change careers or looking to refresh their knowledge or gain new skills.
- Imparting language development programmes to pursue jobs and education with ease through the Faculty of Foundation Studies covering the following languages:
- Imparting technology based programmes to develop IT skills and help organisations achieve quality improvement and technology update through the Faculty of Computing Sciences especially in the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Computing Science
- Mobile Computing
- Information Systems
- Specialised training solutions through the Faculty of Business and Management studies covering the following areas:
- Business Economics
- Travel and Tourism
- Catering to the needs of industries and delivering tailor made programmes which include capacity building and working towards measurable and sustainable results.