Mrs. Faiza Kiran Ahmed
Career Guidance & Alumni Affairs Department Head
Tel: 24468666 Ext: 109
The Centre for Career Guidance and Alumni Affairs (CCGAA) delivers a range of services which embrace the distinctiveness of the institution, and help students and graduates to develop the personal attributes, skills and knowledge needed to achieve positive employment outcomes and navigate their future careers. A general overview of CCGAA services and responsibilities is shown below:
- Conduct trainings and workshops for both current students and alumni to improve their personal, interpersonal, situational and employability skills.
- Provide career orientation talk and career guidance to secondary schools through School Link Programme.
- Recommend students or alumni to industry for work placement or internship.
- Create bridges between GC and the industry to provide employability opportunities for GC graduates
- Organise an open day and career / job fair for current students, alumni and industry partners.
- Provide opportunities for GC students to learn from different cultures through encouraging international students to join GC
- Provide guidance and assistance to international students.
- Coordinate the Industry Advisory Focus Group, Alumni Networking Group and International students Advisory Group meetings.
- Maintain a repository of current students and alumni profile of Gulf College.
- Encourage GC alumni to participate in various GC activities and conduct the Annual Alumni Gathering.