The origin of Gulf College (GC) dates back to 1990 when it was established as a professional and vocational training provider in the Sultanate of Oman. The growth of the institution from a training institute to a college has been over different phases. In September 2014, Gulf College moved to its new purpose-built campus in Mabela, developed the new strategic plan and entered into an agreement with Cardiff Metropolitan University (CMET) as an additional academic partner.GC‟s new campus was officially inaugurated by His Excellency Sayed Saud bin Hilal Al Busaidi, the Minister of State and Governor of Muscat on 28 January 2015. The land area of new campus is 24,000 sqm which was provided by the government of Oman. The built up area is 67,200 sqm over four floors with sufficient car parks.The facilities includes classrooms and lecture halls, assignment & information technology Labs, Auditorium (around 1000 seating capacity), a library ( spread over two floors, a coffee shop, a clinic, prayer hall (male & female), elevators and escalators, an outdoor Roman theatre, garden and landscaping and car park. On 13th August 2016, Her Excellency Dr. Rawya bin Saud Al Busaidi, the Minister of Higher Education officially inaugurated the second phase of GC campus facilities. The second phase included the additional classrooms and lecture halls, assignment labs and information technology labs, restaurant (with around 600 seating capacity), two gyms (male & female), an Indoor Sports Stadium, a sports court, playground and additional car park.